Painting kitchen backsplashes and the refrigerator kept in the garage with chalkboard paint is nothing new. But if you find that traditional black or doesn’t fit your color scheme you can look to Hudson Paint’s chalkboard paint for a complimentary color. They have 24 fun colors to choose from for $24.99 a Quart. Another option is Tilano. They offer 10 fresh color choices in their low-VOC chalkboard paint for $29.99 a Quart or $99.99 a Gallon from their website.
If you are still not finding the color you want, try making your own from latex paint. These easy instructions are from Martha Stewart
Custom Colors How-To
1. Pour 1 cup of paint into a container. Add 2 tablespoons of unsanded tile grout. Mix with a paint stirrer, carefully breaking up clumps.
2. Apply paint with a roller or a sponge paintbrush to a primed or painted surface. Work in small sections, going over the same spot several times to ensure full, even coverage. Let dry.
3. Smooth area with 150-grit sandpaper, and wipe off dust.
4. To condition: Rub the side of a piece of chalk over entire surface. Wipe away residue with a barely damp sponge.
5. Let your imagination run wild.
A garage needn’t be bland. Colored chalkboard paint makes organization a breeze.
Identification labels can be painted a neutral color or something more fun.
You don’t have to purchase new containers to get organized.